Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Each week, a new topic is put into place and bloggers share their top ten accordingly. This week was a freebie, either do a topic of your choice or go back & do one of the weeks that you missed. I decided to do the June 7th topic “Ten Reasons I Love X” and chose Jessica Jones…
Top 10 Things I love about Netflix Jessica Jones:
1. Jessica Jones is relatable whereas some of our other favorite super humans seem (and sometimes are) a whole galaxy away. Jessica deals with (more like gets by) PTSD, alcoholism, and a slew of other issues. We see her struggle with guilt & a lot of the time, it’s not pretty.
2. The cast of badass female characters starting with Kyrsten Ritter herself (Jessica Jones), Carrie-Ann Moss (Jeri Hogarth) who eerily looks a lot like Robin Wright from House of Cards, and Rachael Taylor (Patsy Walker). These women are the no-nonsense type which I LOVE!
3. The dark tone of the show in general is appealing to me & sets it apart from the Marvel Universe we see on the big screen (same goes for Daredevil). We see the not so pretty side of NYC or what the majority of New Yorkers see on a day to day basis. We also get scenes that aren’t in Times Square which is refreshing, some of lower Manhattan is shown. So our not so flashy city streets made the cut & that was cool to see.
4. Kilgrave- one of the most twisted, manipulative, sadistic, & in many ways sociopath of a super villain. I enjoyed David Tennant’s performance just as much as the amazing cast of women. He is wicked but his thought process & remarks are very funny. I can’t help but laugh at some of the things he says.
5. The introduction of Luke Cage. Seeing as the next Marvel Netflix series will be Luke Cage, it’s awesome to see his history with Jessica Jones play out so that we’ll have that background going into the new series. It also doesn’t hurt to see they have wicked chemistry on screen 😉
6. The subtleties of Jessica Jones’ human powers. It’s not in your face, as a matter of fact if you knew nothing about her from the comics, you’d prob miss the first few times she popped a lock on a few doors lol.
7. Back to Killgrave. This villain will play on your emotions, especially after you learn his story. I found his backstory to be interesting & also raised a few questions.
9. The supporting cast- because of how complex & deeply layered some of them are.
10. Last but NOT least, the PLOT! It’s gripping and fast paced. The twists & turns make it binge worthy.
Side note: I am currently watching episode 11 & I am obsessed with this series! I’m already looking into buying the graphic novels that are out so far 😎😬😎