1. What book is on your night stand now?
Currently I have Illiuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. It’s been years since i’ve found reading in bed comfortable because my hubby falls asleep a bit earlier than I do and my phone’s flashlight is like a stadium light. Well, I solved this issue last night! I went to B&N and picked up a reading light…BEST THING EVER!
2. What was the last truly great book you read?
Hands down A Court Of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas !!! this being the 2nd book in a trilogy, made leaps & bounds from it’s predecessor A Court Of Thorns & Roses. I read this book in May and I’m still in that world with my favorite characters.
3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
My Queen J.K. Rowling! I read the Harry Potter series many many years ago and still want an 8th book (not a screenplay lol). I’d want to know how all my babies are doing. Which magical career paths did they end up in? How are their children faring at Hogwarts? the list of questions is endless really lol.
4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
The Shatter Me series By Tahereh Mafi, I haven’t read these but i’ve owned them since last year when I discovered Bookoutlet and their AMAZING prices. This was more of an impulse purchase & I never read the synopsis.
5. How do you organize your personal library.
I’ve tried several different variations for my 2 book shelves and can’t decide on which I like best. At the moment, they are organized by genre with one shelf reserved strictly for my immediate TBR…this will change again shortly lol.
6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
I’ve been meaning to get to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, it’s massive & typically this alone wouldn’t put me off however, this series has MANY MASSIVE TOMES! I have to mentally prepare for them 😉
As for anything I feel embarrassed never to have read? drawing a blank…
7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you are supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo , the hype was real & I fell in love with the world however, I felt no connection to the characters. The ending fell flat BUT I’ve heard great things about Six Of Crows & I am looking forward to reading more about the Grisha’s.
I’m only now coming to accept that I may need to start DNF’ing, so I don’t have any books just yet that I haven’t finished.
8. What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
Fantasy, anything with magical elements & some kick ass characters. I do prefer more complex magic systems & the characters to match them. The more layering, the more engrossing. I TRY to steer clear of any stories where females are portrayed in a negative light. Also, any stories with major stereotypes on any race, ethnic background, or gender.
9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
The Game Of Throne series by George RR Martin, if anything it’ll teach him/her how to watch their back lol.
10. What do you plan to read next?
I’m a mood reader which is why I fail epically at TBR’s but i’m hoping the next book I read is This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab.
This tag has been making it’s rounds for a while now, so I nominate anyone interested in taking a stab at it 😉